Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Your Way = The Only Way that Matters

I’m sending you to another blog for the second time this week…
This coincides perfectly with a conversation I had with a bride and her thoughts on not having favors…she wasn’t feeling it, but also felt like she should or had to have a favor. Alas, we concluded that no one is saying “hmm, I wonder what favor they are going to have” or going to say “wow, they didn’t have a favor” and it was okay if she didn’t have the perfect favor. I stand by the fact that it’s okay not to have favors if you don’t want them. But the pressure about favors, about colors, about every detail is very real for many brides.

This post on the blog A Practical Wedding, “
What Happened When I Stopped Reading Wedding Blogs” is perfect. I agree wholeheartedly. It’s hard to not get caught up in “the perfect day” and what society or those 565,000 blogs or sites that I mentioned yesterday are saying to you. It does cause stress, and all for what?

Her advice in the blog is right on. I encourage you to do it your way, and be comfortable in that. If you and your fiancé are happy (your colors, your ceremony, your meal at dinner, your music), that’s what matters. It will be perfect, because it’s what you want. I also encourage brides to take a step back and have evenings of wedding-free fun with their fiancé, especially as the date draws near. Focus on the truly important things (saying “i do” to the partner you’ll spend the rest of your life with), and do it your way, that’s the only way that matters. Read this great post here:
http://www.apracticalwedding.com/2009/03/what-happened-with-i-stopped-reading.html

No comments:

Post a Comment