Thursday, May 21, 2009

Real Weddings: Mountain Wedding in Colorado

Today, I'm featuring another "real wedding"...the wedding of Erin Parks and Jordan Garvey, last October in Estes Park, Colorado!


Beautiful attention to detail, colors, and a spectactular location!
Thanks to Erin and Jordan for sharing their beautiful day and advice!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Erin's Words:

"I knew I wanted lots of decor at my wedding, and my budget just wasn't cutting it."
I have grown accustom to this answer. As a bride who decided to have a destination wedding, people tend to ask why? Fair enough. Truly, my budget was not covering what I needed or wanted on one of the most important days of my life. As a wedding designer myself, I had to go through my priorities list. Many of you have been asked when on a budget, what is most important to you? Decor was number one for me, music, location. These things however can be quite expensive and when you pair these with a gigantic guest list--well let's just say I needed to quadruple my budget.


After a long talk with my fiance, we decided to have our wedding in the most beautiful place we had ever been together--Estes Park. It is majestic. So we called our parents and told them we were having our wedding in Colorado and a big party back home in Bloomington. That's what we did. It was the best of both worlds. We shared our day with our closest friends and family, we had enough money in our budget to actually have lots of decor, and we had ANOTHER day to celebrate with all our friends and family! I couldn't have made a better choice.

If you find yourself compromising on everything, I suggest looking into this. I stayed pretty much within my
budget, and I got to have my wedding in a beautiful location. With the internet, you can really plan a wedding anywhere. Just think...a champagne toast in Paris AND a beer with your college friends in Bloomington!



No comments:

Post a Comment